Posted: 8 Nov 2016 10:09 EST Last activity: 3 Feb 2017 15:51 EST
Failed to Open Portal Error
Hi - We get a Failed to Open Portal Error in this scenario.
1) Click on a link which opens a Pega Mashup. The Mashup is accessed using guest credentials.
2) Do not close the Mashup page . At the same time try to access the regular Pega URL in a different tab.
3) Most of the times (not always) we get a Pega Error Page with the message "Failed to Open Portal"
4) We tried to add an additional Access group to Guest user (Other than Unauthenticated access group) . We then added a Custom Portal / harness for this access group.
5) After implemeting Step 4 : we noticed that sometimes we get the Harness associated with the New Access group. But sometimes it throws the same error.
Can you help me understand and fix the issue. Please note that it works as expected if you log in to Pega with the guest credentials. This only occurs when we use a mashup code in one tab and try to login to pega on another tab while mashup is open.
If we cannot fix the issue , we would at least need to put in a meaningful error message rather than the "Failed to Open Portal" (Attached picture).
We tried to search and change the page but could not find it.
Before trying to figure out why you see the "Failed to Open Portal" message, I would like to understand what your real use case is. Are there going to be buisness users trying to launch both through the Pega mashup and directly. If so, why is that?
This would be to newer browsers sharing session information between tabs/windows. Since they have the guest user logged in from the first tab it is being reused when they open the portal in the second tab/window. This is going to be an issue with the underlining browser.