Posted: 26 Aug 2016 14:42 EDT Last activity: 6 Apr 2017 5:56 EDT
Values are getting updated in the Grid even though it contains error, in Embedded pane grid configured with master detail whenever the parent section refreshes
Hi I am having a requirement explained below.
1. Clicking a radio button
2. A grid comes with + action , clicking +
3. The Grid is configured as--Row operation -- master details--Flow action ---in place of section
4. It opens a new section where user can give values on the text boxes, validations are performed.
5. Save ans Cancel button are there , on click of save value get saved if there is no error.
6. But whenever the top section refreshes the value get posted in the grid even though error is present.
This issue is present in the Pega UI Gallery Embedded pane example also. PFB. I have included a button with refresh section. Now after refreshing the expanded pane get collapsed with values getting added in the grid. Kindly help urgently.
***Updated by moderator: Lochan to add Categories***
This is an expected behavior from the grid's perspective. Grid can perform validations only when it is getting fired from within grid row's context(i.e when the row data is posted to the server via submission in the master detail flow action). In this particular scenario, you are trying to refresh the parent section(which contains the repeat grid), now grid has no control over its data hence it cannot trigger any validation. To stop submitting stale data, please configure the "refresh section" action not to submit data(do not post data on refresh setting).
If this is not acceptable, then the only way to validate is to configure Rule-Edit-Validate on the propery level.