We have a requirement to integrate Pega Agileworkbench with Jira in our project scope. As i have been going through the articles in PDN, i came across the below link and followed the steps as mentioned in below link.
Even though, after following the steps provided in the above the link, the integration fails. I am attaching the screen shot of the issue below.
Below are the couple of issues which i could see and would like to know some work arounds for it.
1) After providing the JIRA URL, none of the projects from JIRA are shown as List/drop down. Please refer the screen shot provided below
2) After going the code, the activity GetJiraProjects, the code is such a way that it is trying to identify story and bugs from below page , but the page from the service is infact returning empty page for .JiraIssueTypes. As it is empty , the list of projects are not showing up .
* this observation is done after going through the code and doing private edits to existing code provided in Jira Component .
3) Going by the private edits, i could see that JIRA projects which has more than 64 characters are not being allowed by Pega and it is throwing up errors on saying that the projects are having name more than 64 Characters. Is there any workaround for this?
4) Also i have found out that, irrespective to the PM_Jira_AuthProfile, the service is returning the list of all JIRA projects, even though the username provided has only one project he is mapped to in JIRA.
* the user name in JIRA and the PM_Jira_AuthProfile are the same and exists at both ends i.e JIRA and Pega PM_Jira_AuthProfile.
Pega Version : 7.3.1
Jira component : downloaded the latest version and used it.
Issue #1 ) We tried with cloud version of JIRA and we were unable to replicate the issue 1, If the problem is what you described in issue #3, then it should have been reproducible with the cloud version as well. To debug further, We would need to debug the tracer of the error. Also there could be some overrides in your Pega application which might be causing this. We would recommend raising a support request.
Issue #2) This is a known issue with the Server/In-Prem version of JIRA. Until JIRA fixes this issue, we have a fix from Pega side which can be provided, Please mention about this issue in the support request you raise.
Issue #3) We see the error you mentioned for more than 64 characters on clipboard/logs but it is not blocking the processing and should not be cause of issue #1. This can be ignored for now.
Issue #4) This might not be an issue but an expected behavior, We are fetching all the software projects (Filtered by project having user stories and bugs) which user has access to. For exact list you can fire this rest service -> <your JIRA URL>/rest/api/latest/project for example https://testjiraintegration.atlassian.net/rest/api/latest/project
expand=issueTypes is not supported for the on-prem version of JIRA.
In our existing approach, Agile Studio tries to fetch all the projects along with all issueTypes (Bug, Story etc.) expanded in a single rest call to JIRA and then iterates over all the projects. Only the projects with stories and bugs are valid projects considered for integration with Agile Workbench.
expand=issueTypes call against on-prem JIRA does not return any issueTypes for the project rest call.
Perform the following local-change:
If the rest call for list of projects along with expand=issueTypes does not return any issueType in the response, Agile studio doesn’t assume the project is not a valid entity for the project list.
Fire another rest call for all such projects individually and get the information about the project. JIRA’s GETProject API returns the project’s information along with issueTypes when the query is fired for individual projects. If the response from JIRA contains Bugs and Stories, consider those project as valid and add them to the data page which is the source of the project drop-down.
bruet: Thanks for the response. Yes we tried GetProject and we were able to connect to JIRA server to a specific project. But now, we are unable to create any stories and bugs for it and we have raised an SR which is still under review.
I am facing very similar issues trying to get this component to work in Pega 7.4 Was the issue described in this thread ever resolved? If so, how? My specific issue is as above - Once I get the component to accept a valid JIRA URI, the resulting project list is empty... Any thoughts on how we can resolve this?