In Pega 7.1.7 have One Operator in One Pega Environment that does not remember open screens / history any thoughts on why?
In one of my pega environments (Development) for one user (me) it is not remembering recent history or open tabs between sessions. Also pega6 under Operator preference there was a way to tell it remember screens but under Pega 7 that option is no longer there.
Steps to Reproduce
1.) Open Pega 7 in Dev under myself 2.) Do some actions and see recent history getting recorded 3.) open a few rules (checked out and not checked out) 4.) Log off Pega 5.) Log back in 6.) None of the open tabs are remembered and history is empty.
under Operator preferences I reset to default preferences -->tried again same results.
Tried on difference client machines same results
Operator has same Access Groups and permissions as other users.
Thank you for your response. I will check out the links you posted. In the meantime, to answer your question, in this particular environment I am NOT using SSO and using the prweb/PRServlet url instead of the /prweb/PRWebLDAP1 url.
I'll check privileges but to be clear I am seeing Recent History WHILE I AM WORKING. If I log off and come back the Recent History is gone.
Please gather Tracer output from a login for a working and non-working user. You can initiate the Tracer via SMA. You can send me the Tracer output by attaching it the Discussion or sending it directly to me.
We were looking into PR_DATA_RECENTS to see if the data was being written and it was not. Through various logging debug errors include on the recents rules, we noticed that there was an exception being throw about unable to write to table with no description as to what the problem was.
Further investigation in PR_DATA_RECENTS table gave us our answer.
Instead of looking PR_DATA_RECENTS for RECENT activity, we looked for PXUPDATEOPNAME=<operator id lowercase> and found no rows still. When we did lower(PXUPDATEOPNAME)=<operator id lowercase> and found old records in PR_DATA_RECENTS from may that had the operator id in mixed cases. Not sure why it was like though. We then updated these rows to be lowercase operator_id instead and then the recent history started working again for that operator.