Posted: 26 May 2017 16:01 EDT Last activity: 3 Jun 2017 15:30 EDT
Regarding saving a case
This is a basic but conceptual question. Here is what I was doing:
1. Created a pagelist called Course() in parent case 'Onboarding'
2. Create a reference to Course() pagelist called CourseRef() in the child case 'Benefits'
3. In a post processing activity of a flow action in the 'Benefits' case, added a DT with the following two steps:
a. Set pyWorkCover.Course(1).pyNote = "Parent"
b. Set pyWorkPage.CourseRef(2).pyNote = "Child"
4. After submitting the above flow action and while the 'Benefits' case is still open, I can see that both Course() and CourseRef() are updated with the above two values when I check pyWorkPage and pyWorkCover on the clipboard. However opening the 'Onboarding' case does not show any values in the Course() pagelist
5. If I close the 'Benefits' case after a couple manually processing a couple of flows then also the pagelists are not updated.
6. Only if I take the 'Benefits' case to the last stage/step where it is 'Resolved-Completed' then I can see that the above pagelists are persisted.
7. I created two declare triggers (one for save and other for commit) which adds audit to the case when it is saved and committed. I can clearly see in the audit that the 'Benefits' case is saved twice and committed once for each step/flow.
My question is:
1. Even though PEGA is clearly saving and committing the case, why are the properties that I created not persisted?
2. Why are the properties persisted when the 'Benefits' case is Resolved-Completed?
When you say CourseRef() , I am assuming it is just reference of the Course() page list (Property -Ref). Then the referenced properties will never be persisted. as these are the just references of some other properties.
when the child WO resolved it updates/saves the Cover so that is the time when actual Course() is getting persisted. so the refernce is just reflecting that change.