Monitoring and Support Pega System and Campaign Execution
We have implement a few campaigns in Pega Marketing recently, and more campaigns are going in.
Therefore, the challenge on ensuring that the system and campaigns are running fine also increases. This lead to the following queries:
1) Where can we check to ensure that system health is good? The software is not taking up too much CPU, memory etc?
2) Where can we check to see what are campaigns that will run today, that are running now?
3) Where do we check the stage of the campaign execution? E.g. Retreiving of customer base? Sending of email, sending of SMS?
4) In terms of sending of email/SMS, where can we tell how many email/SMS are sent, and how many more to go? This is critical as we do have campaigns that are time critical, as we can only execute 1 campaign after the previous has completed.
5) Who are the user that are logging on to the system?
6) When there is an issue, where shall we start to do the investigation?
As this system is used mainly by our marketing user, I do hope that they can take up some monitoring roles, as we will not know what campaign they are doing and executing. It will be good to have a USER interface to the monitoring themselves, instead of having us to do the tracking in the back end.
Please provide detail instruction, in layman terms, as we are still very new to the Pega.
2/3. You can monitor campaign execution in Campaign monitoring dashboard widget. There you can see what campaigns are running today, status, overview of stages and drill through into campaign for detailed analysis.
4. You can see progress from monitoring widget and details on campaign pages.
5. Identifying the logged in users is an administrative task handled through Pega platform.
6. Issue review and debugging is a pretty broad topic, but the general recommendation is to review the specific on-screen error messages and then follow up with review of system log files.
I am still very new to Pega, can you elaborate more?
1) How do we access Predictive Diagnostic Cloud?
2, 3, 4) I saw that a campaign is running, how do I see at which stage of the campaign is executing? Base extraction, or decision statuse, or waiting status? I wish to see the campaign as a whole, not individual records. How many SMS/email has been send? How many still in queue? All these information is needed as we will have time dependent event after the SMS/emails are being sent out.
5) Please indicate where and how to access the administrative page.
6) Where and how can I access the system log, and which system log to read? I believed that there are more than 1 system logs available.